One of the blogs I’ve just started reading is Amy’s Humble Musings, winner of the 2005 Best New Evangelical Blog. I stumbled across it at just the right moment; she’s starting a Interview Game as part of a “Blog-a-thon” at Buried Treasure Books to raise money for an Ethiopian orphan named Azanou who needs eye surgery.
Whew. No wonder she’s winning Evangelical awards. Anyway, here are the interview questions she’s asked me:
1. Favorite book?
My favorite Christian book has to be the one I’m reading at the moment, Rick Warren’s Purpose Driven Life. I’m on Chapter 37, “Sharing Your Life Message.” My favorite book for casual reading is Ken Follett’s Pillars of the Earth.
2. If you were a fly on the wall, who’s house would you like to be in?
George W. Bush’s, assuming the White House uses inferior pesticide. I’d love to see how a man of faith faces the serious issues of the Presidential office.
3. How do you drink your coffee?
The more disguised, the better. Even though I drink coffee almost every day, I dislike black coffee. My current favorite is a low-fat, sugar-free vanilla latte.
4. Link us up to your favorite post.
I have to assume she’s asking about my favorite of my own posts, as opposed to somebody else’s. That’s got to be “Patch and the Blustery Day,” one of my first posts.
5. Tell us about your family.
She’s managed to nail the one question I’ve skirted since I first started blogging. For most of my adult life, I’ve been a single father, raising a son since he was four. Alex is now 19 and currently a freshman at college studying Criminal Justice and recently joined the Army Reserves. I remarried nine years ago, divorced, then became a Christian. There’s more to this story, but it’s not quite ready to be revealed. I have a testimony to give to my church Sunday regarding this, and I promise to spill the beans after that. You’ll have to come back. 😛
Now, here are the rules for this Christian Blog-a-thon. I’ll offer to interview the next three people to respond to this post that will follow these rules:
1. Leave me (Michael) a comment saying â€œinterview me.â€
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here on Chasing the Wind. They will be different questions than the ones above.
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
I have a bible study tonight that will keep me out late, but I’ll try to get the interview questions posted as soon as I can.