More Narnia links, I’ll update this list today if I run into more later today. Narnia, by the way, is the land from “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” in case you’ve been living under a rock. 😛
- Are you a lion or a witch? I’m not upset with being linked to Lucy. Aslan is my goal but I have a long way to go. Take the quiz for yourself at Beliefnet.
- Cadre Comments has some great commentary and links about the movie.
- Some anti-Christian columnists say that the movie is â€œa peevish blend of racist, misogynistic and reactionary prejudiceâ€ and that “Narnia is the perfect Republican, muscular Christianity for America â€” that warped, distorted neo-fascist strain that thinks might is proof of right.â€ Goodness. National Review has a good rebuttal.
- Redstate.org is tracking other anti-Christian reactions to the movie.
- Interestingly, some Christians believe that the film doesn’t portray Christianity well enough. While the film stuck to C. S. Lewis’ “non-preachy” intent, the power of Jesus Christ isn’t shown well enough.
- The movie reflects the book well enough, though some things are dropped in favor of the time limitations of a two hour movie. Here is a good review of the book vs. the movie.
- Coffeeswirls has an excellent review from a christian evangelist who has read the book and seen the movie.